15 Kasım 2009 Pazar

Nope, I'm not dead yet.

I haven't been checking my blog since 12th of September, which makes two months. The lecturers in the college have been bombarding us with essays, response papers and books so heavily that I couldn't find time to post a dedicated entry in my blog. I didn't want to write something perfunctory so I just bided my time. I'm still not over with my courses but thankfully we have entered the exam period, which lessens the load of course-work dramatically. And there is a one-week holiday coming on at the end of this month. About damn time, or else I'd go berserk on my essay books and novels. Anyway.

I'm sorry I won't be able to post anything about Morrowind. I tried to install it on my new computer but it died on me after just two weeks (the computer). So I couldn't make any important progress on the way to 'The Ultimate Morrowind Setting for Awesome Graphics." (Oh, I liked this. I'll call this UMSAG from now on). However, I was very happy to see that both of Phal's shaders (Sunshaft and Improved Waters) were updated. The Improved Water Shader now includes distorted underwater vision and waves. Yes, we now have friggin' waves in Morrowind.

The new version of MGE (svn118) also got some important bug fixes, which make almost all fixes designed for it obsolete. It now also includes Knu's shaders (SSAO and Depth of Field) as default.

I've been checking Morrowind forums lately and there are some wonderful retextures released by Vurt, for tress and MGE's animated grass. The grass retexture is simply awesome and it comes with two alternatives; one colorful, one dark. What is even better, you can use a particular retexture for a particular area with some little tweaking. Vurt also posted his .ini and shader settings (I had tried the previous version of it before the computer got boomed but the sky was acting weirdly during the day [the blue of the sky was replaced with black]. I hope the new version solves it). I am yet to try it, as I'm so loaded with essays and novels now. But most of the comments, and screenshots, suggest that it is awesome. If I ever get it to work and like the result, I'll surely post my process of applying it, and any tweaks I made - if I'll do any.

As I have limited time to spend with computer, I've been playing other games than Morrowind since I reformatted my computer after the crash. For the last week, I played nothing but Grand Theft Auto 4 and Empire-Total War. I'm extremely enjoying both of it. I can't understand what people found in these games that made them critize them so harshly. Yes, GTA 4 is not as deep as San Andreas but it is still enjoyable. The same goes with Empire too, it is too complicated in the beginning but once you get used to it, it becomes one of the best strategy games you've very played (Yet I have to make some criticism: The unit acknowledgements are so perfunctory and out of place. A Janissary saying "Yes milord?" with a confused tone- pure failure)

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I’m around here and have not forgotten about my blog. I hope to write again soon.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder